Hello! Thank you for checking to see if I am alive!
You can find an archive of my blog posts on the right.
My most recent adventures are in the middle.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Cave Stream

Yes, Luke is still alive.

Hey all!

Today I am going to fill you guys in on yesterday's adventures. I decided I to try to keep the blog as current as possible. I know, I know, please hold the applause... and don't get used to it.

Sooo anyway! I woke up bright and early at 10:30am on Saturday the 19th, and met up with the other students in the Arcadia University program. Despite the warm weather, we were decked out in thermals and super-attractive long socks. Why you may ask? Because we were on our way to CAVE STREAM! Now, New Zealand is super creative with their names; you'll never believe what Cave Stream is. Its a cave... with a stream in it. I know right, awesome; moving on. As we spelunked our way through the cave, we had to wade through the freezing-cold stream, which was up to the bellybutton on some people and the neck on others. It was a lot of fun because sometimes we would have to climb up a waterfall, or squeeze through a small crack in order to press onward. We also had to do it with the light of a headlamp (or torch) because for those of you who are not aware, caves are pitch black. This resulted in many slips, falls and splashes that were nothing short of hilarious. Unfortunately, we could not get too many pictures inside because it was both dark and wet, but here are some shots we managed to snag.

Look how happy we were before we found out how cold the water was
More naive happiness, less of Abbas's head
The Entrance
Entering Cave Stream


The Light!

And that's the hole from which we escaped
After we warmed up and dried off, we set off for Castle Hill for the afternoon, and more importantly, a picnic lunch.
Hop on over to my next post for Castle Hill!

Cheers,
Luke





No comments:

Post a Comment